Short Hair, Spiky and Trendy.

(Why are these photos a little fuzzy, you ask? Because I was trying to evade a couple of 8 month old twin attachments!)

Recently my daughter decided that she wanted short hair. *sigh* I still think it's pretty cute!

Knowing that her hair was very much like mine, I slightly tried to discourage her. I know how much work styling short hair can be. Mouse, gel, spike it, slick it, air dry it and let it poof??? Wake up in the morning and one side is sticking up weirdly. I let her do it. And on the mornings when she doesn't want to do it....it poofs.


But, as competition season approaches we must find a neat and fun way to style her hair. Today we came up with some cute spikes in the front. Maybe even add another row behind it.


To accomplish this style you are simply dividing the hair evenly with a pin-tail comb and making small pony tails. I would still finish each pony tail with a spot of gel or pomade to keep the spiky look.


With my daughters hair, since it is very thick, I would also use some product in the back of her hair and spray it to keep it from POOF!


How do you style short hair for competitions? Or is your child's hair such that you don't have to do a thing? I would be very interested to see pictures!

0 comments: